Friday, December 31, 2010

On Getting in Shape

So it does work...

Look at Helen Mirren. An amazing actress, a beauty and at 65, a body that passes off as nothing short of amazing and fit for someone half her age.



















How does she do it? Apparently through... *drum roll*... working out on the Wii fit! I kid you not. I have pictures as proof (courtesy of styleit.com). And of course, the other proof is her starring in an ad campaign for Wii (being the marketing genius they are).




Ever since we decided on the wedding date I have been constantly trying new ways to get fit, and to me, getting fit has always been equated to pain. No pain, no gain. That means, less cake, healthier meals, more treadmill, more swimming (although the cake part does not always work according to plan). Therefore, when my sister recommended Wii fit as a way of getting fit, I did not take her seriously. Hey, something that fun can't actually be good for you, can it?
But apparently it does. So thanks Helen Mirren, this is great news for me! A bit of hula hoop, steps and computer-led yoga each day can actually make me fit? If it means I get to stay indoors and exercise while it's 40 degrees out there, I will definitely give it a shot.
And maybe I won't feel so bad having some cake after too.

1 comment:

  1. get Just Dance 1 or 2 for serious sweat!!! I love it!
    If you are new to dancing, get 1. or else, u can start with number 2!

    ReplyDelete