Friday, December 4, 2009

Highlights of the Week

A couple of events worth mentioning this week:

Event # 1: I re-found my favourite necklace!

I have a habit of buying necklaces when I travel overseas. I love necklaces - I have always believed that no matter how dull an outfit is, you can always make it look fashionable through the right necklace.

There was this necklace which that I bought in Malaysia a couple of years back. It was a blue chunky necklace, made of flat round pieces of stones linked together. It was my favourite and I loved to wear it especially with my work attire to make things a little less dull. However it broke last year when it got stuck to a chair and I tugged at it (don't ask me how because I couldn't remember). I was so devastated that I kept the broken necklace for weeks even when I knew it was not mendable!

I was at a shopping centre in Leeming a couple of days back to do some banking. And of course, being at a shopping centre for the first time I couldn't help walking and browsing around to see if there are some hidden treasure stores which I have not discovered before.

And there it was! Right in the middle of an aisle store - a necklace that looked exactly like the one I once loved and broke (only a slight shade darker). Now this was being sold at about twice the price I purchased it for back in Malaysia, but the storekeeper convinced me that it was made of some precious stones and was well worth it. Needless to say I didn't need too much persuasion and I paid for the necklace, even just for old times sake.

Here I'm introducing my rekindled love...


Event # 2: For anyone who has read my previous posts - welcome to a new theme for my site!

I like my old theme; I spent some time designing it and I thought the final product had a forlorn, melancholic and wistful feel to it (which I hoped reflect my personality). But after a couple of weeks blogging and reflecting through my posts I realised I am not as wistful and forlorn as I would like to be; but instead my posts tend to be more quirky and contemporary. Therefore I have decided to use a theme that match my posts, as opposed to trying to re-engineer my posts to suit my theme...

Realisation:

No comments:

Post a Comment